Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars movie was EXCELLENT!

You know what? Episode III: Revenge of the Sith really tied it all together for me. I never knew why Anakin Skywalker turned to the Dark Side until this movie. I hate to say it, but his reasoning made sense. And at the end, I think he realized that it was a mistake, but at the same time, it was too late.

The cinematography was incredible! The dialogue flowed without flaw, the story was understandable, but intriguing and interesting all the way through. I honestly enjoyed this Star Wars movie. I think I liked it better than Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

I'm hoping George Lucas remakes the rest of the episodes so we can enjoy them all with the kind of technological advances that weren't present in the 1970s. You know that's why Lucas waited 16 years between two of the episodes he made in the past, right? Yeah. He was waiting for technology to catch up with his imagination. When it finally did, he went for it. I'd say it really paid off. Big time!

Ron and I got to the theatre at about 10:15 p.m. (the doors to the theatre opened at 9), and it was already getting crowded. We couldn't find any good seats in the center section, so we sat in the side seats. By about 11 p.m., I'd bet there weren't any seats left unless they were single seats scattered here and there.

I brought a book to read until it was time for the movie to start. Ron was enjoying looking around at all the people dressed like Star Wars characters and commenting on the light sabers.

We didn't get to bed until around 3:00 this morning. I was able to sleep in because I requested to have the day off a long time ago. Ron couldn't get the day off, so he was dying at work today. He went to bed at about 8:00 tonight. The only reason I'm still awake is because I got up at about 10:30 this morning and took about a 45 minute nap this afternoon. In between time, I was working on filling and delivering a couple of Mary Kay orders for a couple of customers of mine, fixing dinner and doing light housework. (Nick, keep your yap shut and your fingers away from the keyboard.)

Okay. I need to stop now. I'm about tired enough to go to bed, myself. Plus, it's no fun to stay awake and try to amuse yourself when your spouse is in bed asleep. I'd much rather be right next to him than typing out this blog post on the couch watching the news.

If you haven't checked out Ron's Darth Swede blog, you ought to. He's blogged about everything Star Wars for weeks now. And it seems to be a very popular site! No wonder, with all the cool stuff he's got on it!

Wow. I really digressed. Sorry. I'll go to bed now. Good night!

No comments: