Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Our Prayers Are Answered!!

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Ron and me. Our prayers have once again been answered.

Next week, I'm working Tuesday through Friday (we're closed Monday), and the following Monday, June 6, I START WORKING FULL-TIME AT THE WICHITA EAGLE!!!!! And since I've been there since November, I don't have a waiting period before benefits start! I'll be eligible for health, dental and vision coverage, and will be accumulating vacation and sick leave! Plus, my boss is getting ready to do performance reviews, and he hinted that there's a possibility of me getting a pay raise, too! (Although I'm not going to hold my breath about the pay raise.) He said I'm going to be meeting with a representative from HR either this week or next so they can explain my benefits to me in greater detail.

Also, the bonus my co-worker and I have been getting every month for making budget is going to go entirely to me! That's probably going to be about an extra $700-800 a month on top of my base pay! Isn't that fabulous?!

I'm so excited, I'm giddy! Ron and I will be out of debt and in a better place to live before another year goes by! Hopefully, we can stick it out in this tiny apartment until our debt is gone. But moving is so very tempting, especially since we will be able to afford more, now.

Again, thank you to everyone who's been praying for us. All of our prayers are being answered. May God be praised!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Groovy! Congrats!

John H said...

Great news! Congratulations!

Wonderful to see how "the boundary lines are falling for you in pleasant places" at the moment, what with this and Ron's graduation.

PS - is the "family-friendly" warning at the top of your blog aimed at Ron...? *runs away very fast* :o)

Devona said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Devona said...

Such great news! Things are really looking up for you guys, I'm really happy for you.

Mommy's Resource Closet said...

Thank you all. You have been a great source of support through our difficulties.

And, John, no, the "family-friendly" warning was not *specifically* for Ron, but whoever can and should wear the shoe should wear it! =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Bunnie