Sunday, August 01, 2004

Okay, slipping off the media track for a while...

If you're looking for something newsy here, you're not going to get it this time. I'll get back to it sooner or later, but first, there's something I need to do.

My husband has been bearing a burden larger than he ever imagined he would have to bear, and it's all because he chose to marry me. Since April, he has been a great help to me in many ways. For two months, I was unable to do housework or care for myself very well. And now, I'm back in that position. He has graciously taken on my duties by doing the housework and has also done for me what I cannot do for myself. He took a week off from work so he could be with me after my surgery. I've needed him and have been able to rely on him no matter what; he's the one person I can trust to help me when I need it and not give excuses or be twenty minutes late doing it.

Ron, for your self-sacrifice and for all you've done and continue to do for me in my time of need, I want to say thank you, and I want all those who visit my blog to know it. When God paired us together, neither of us could have imagined how much we would mean to each other. And in 30 days, we'll celebrate two years of marriage. I only wish I could do more to show you my appreciation.

You may have a reputation as "The Terrible Swede," but you're anything but "terrible" when you're with me.

No comments: