Thursday, August 19, 2004

Interesting Grad School Topic

I just started my second semester of graduate school at Wichita State University and am taking just one class: COMM 770: The Audience. According to the course description, "This course examines the emerging field of interactive audience studies..." One thing we're going to be talking about is BLOGGING!!

When my professor asked if anyone had ever heard of a blog, I confidently rose my hand as the only one in the class to say "Yes, and I even have a blog."

"You do?"

"Yes. Actually, it's my second one."

Everyone else just looked at me like, "You not only know what a blog is, but you have one, too? Who are you?"

Yeah, I may look younger than everyone else in my class; I may actually even be younger, but I feel like I already have a good handle on where we're headed because I've been in the blogosphere for a little while and know what it's about.

Thank you, also, to all those who showed me what blogging was all about and how much fun it could be. You know who you are because you're on my blogroll.

Thank you, all you wonderful people! I love my public!

1 comment:

Devona said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't know what blogging was. A month and a half ago, if I'd been sitting in your class, I'd have been the one looking at you like you have two heads. I thought I was the only one that wasn't plugged in. If it weren't for Rob I wouldn't know about any new technology, or music, or books.