Sunday, September 12, 2004

For My 24th Birthday

Some of my favorite things happened today:

I got to sing the introit in church this morning as the cantor, something I've gotten fond of doing, and Ron said it was probably the best job I've ever done.

My mom had a strawberry shortcake with LOTS of strawberries as a birthday cake for me. I love anything strawberry, especially real strawberries.

I got to go shopping with birthday money for a new outfit.

And, to top it off, Ron took me to the movie of my choice tonight: "The Notebook." It's a fabulous romance story, and if you haven't seen it, you should. It's not often I get to choose the movie we see, but today was a special occasion. Thank you to all who made my birthday so great, especially my husband. I love you, Ron.

2 comments:

John H said...

"The Notebook"? Is that about a small, spiral-bound pad of paper, or is it about a small, lightweight laptop PC?

Oh - it's a chick-flick. Probably the former, then ;-)

Mommy's Resource Closet said...

Actually, it's about an elderly couple. The wife has dimentia (sp?) and can't remember her life. When she realized her mind was starting to slip, she wrote about her life with her husband in a notebook, and in her later years, her husband read to her from the pages of the notebook to get her to remember their life. Doctors said it wouldn't work, but it did. Great story. Yeah, kinda a chick flick, but it was great!