Monday, January 09, 2006

Some work would be a blessing...

Today, I got phone calls from two different companies who set up appointments for me to interview for new positions! That means I've got a total of three interviews this month so far, two of which are this week! I've got one tomorrow at 2:25 p.m. and another Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. My third interview is on Wed, Jan. 25.

A former employer of mine, for whom I interned in 2001-2, told me that for the places I scored interviews, a lot of people don't get interviews. She told me they must have been impressed with the information they saw in my online applications and on my resumes. She is also writing a letter of recommendation for me. Since she's a pillar of the community, her recommendation will go a long way.

As a contrast to the title of this post, my husband has been at work since 7:30 this morning and is still there at 7:45 p.m., with no idea of when he will get off and be able to come home. He and his co-workers are trying to finish a 600-page report for the FAA, and they are only about half-way done. The good thing is that since he hasn't already turned in his hours for the week, he can make sure he gets time off to make up for the extra time he's spending at work, something that doesn't always happen.

Oooh! Maybe he can take off early on Friday (or have enough extra hours to take the day off altogether)!

Anyway, I'll post again after my respective interviews to let you know how I think they went. One of these positions that I scored an interview for is one that I applied for online about two months ago. I really didn't think they'd call me. They get thousands of applicants for various positions every week, I'm sure. It's a huge company, and if I get the job, I'll be one of probably a hundred people or more who do the same kind of work in different departments throughout the company.

Okay. I'll stop blabbing now. I'll start again after my interview tomorrow.

No comments: