Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm going to try something different.

I went to my water aerobics class this morning (it meets from 6-7 a.m.), and I noticed that I'm always in a better mood after I've had a good workout, so I'm going to try to blog in the mornings after I have a good workout so maybe my posts will be more interesting and upbeat.

Maybe it's the kinds of things we do in the water that gets me into my daily smile. Exercises called the "backscratcher" and a young instructor who's always saying "I want to see those toes! Splash me in the nose with your toes!" She's funny. There's usually only about ten of us, most are senior citizens, but we got a couple of younger ladies in class this morning, closer to my age.

You know, at one time last year, there was a young man who was lifeguarding during our class, and he would always stare at me, probably because I was the only one in the pool who was even slightly close to his age. I know he wasn't thinking "Wow, she's gorgeous!" because I don't wear makeup in the pool (for obvious reasons). Let's face it, I don't look so good without makeup. I won't even leave my apartment without it unless I'm going to the YMCA to work out.

Anyway, at that time, I had another swimsuit that I wore, and the neckline was low enough that I could tell what he was looking at. Every time my instructor, Michelle, would have us jumping around, she'd say "Let me see those belly buttons!" I would always try to stay far back in the pool and not jump so high because that lifeguard would practically have his jaw on the floor looking at me!

I thought, you know what? I'm going to talk about my husband more. Maybe then he'll get the message that I'm not available. Nope. Didn't work. I couldn't believe it after a class when I was talking about my husband in about every other sentence, I got out to walk back to the locker room, and he smiled and waved at me in a flirty way! I couldn't believe it! What kind of moral person tries to hit on a married person!

Not that he wasn't cute or anything, but I was trying so hard to keep him from staring at me as if he was salivating over some delicious meal!

Finally, he mentioned his last name and what suburb of Wichita he lives in. I said, "Are you related to such-and-such person on that town's city council?" He said, "Yeah... That's my dad!" I said, "Really? I used to report on their city council meetings all the time. He's a nice guy." I think that threw him off enough that he wanted to be more careful because he knew that I knew who his dad was, and his dad knew who I was.

Although, he didn't calm down the staring too much, he ended up being asked to lifeguard at another YMCA in town. It was totally unrelated, though.

Sometimes I wonder what he would have done if he'd seen me with my husband there. Or what he would have said or done if he'd ever seen me with makeup on. My husband would have kicked his ass if he'd seen that lifeguard staring at me like that! Shoot, I wanted to kick his ass! There were actually times when I thought, "Can't he see that I'm short and overweight?" I mean, I'm not huge, but I'm not as thin as I was in high school, you know? Maybe he's one of those guys who likes that sort of thing. Either way, it frustrated the heck out of me.

Anyway, lately, we've had a female lifeguard, and fortunately, she's not the kind to stare at other women. Whew!

So, what do you think? Is my posting better in the mornings after my workout? More interesting and upbeat? Yeah, baby! Wahoo!! Let's go! I'm ready to rock! (*put on my Pink cd and rock out*) I oughta put a picture on my blog of me rocking out sometime... :D

No comments: