Thursday, December 30, 2004

A New Year Approaches

So many are making their New Year's resolutions and thinking about how much better 2005 will be than 2004. I, too, have high aspirations for what the new year will bring, but, as my last post implies, I am also subject to hearing my husband voice his skepticism.

Don't get him wrong; he has high aspirations for the new year, as well. Goals such as attaining his associate's and possibly his bachelor's degrees both in the same year! Getting a new FULL-TIME job, moving us out of this crappy 400-square-foot apartment and into at least one that's 900 sq. ft., etc.

I, too, would like to move into full-time at The Wichita Eagle and move into a new apartment. I'd also like to get rid of our current couch, get a new bed and use our futon as a couch instead of our regular bed. Ron likes it, but it's just too hard for me.

We've also thought about starting a family, but if it doesn't happen in 2005, it's no big deal. We've got other things to take care of first before we're ready to think about a baby. God has His timing, too.

And in other news, my parents get a new house in the new year. They closed on a beautiful big house (in my opinion, of course) today and get to start moving into it! They've been building it for a while now, and have done a lot of their own work. And it's paid off. A big congratulations to them!

May God bless us all with a better 2005 than we can imagine right now. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Devona said...

Goodluck with everything. Rob and I are praying for you, in these things- Jobs, Apartments, Family- and in other things as well.

God bless, and happy new year!

The Terrible Swede said...

Thanks Rob and Devona. We haven't had power since Tuesday afternoon due to this ice storm - hence blogging is sparse. Happy New Year!