Friday, December 10, 2004

Let's Sing!

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
You are 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing'. You take
Christmas very seriously. For you, it is a
religious festival, celebrating the birth of
the Saviour, and its current secularisation
really irritates you. You enjoy the period of
Advent leading up to Christmas, and attend any
local carol services you can find, as well as
the more contemplative Advent church services
each Sunday. You may be involved in Christmas
food collections or similar charity work. The
midnight service at your church, with candles
and carols, is one you look forward to all
year, and you also look forward to the family
get together on Christmas Day.


What Christmas Carol are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


Just as a sidenote, I'm going carolling with my church choir (and anyone else from church who wants to join us) this Saturday to our member shut-ins (people who, for some reason or another can't get to church). And I'm dragging my wonderful hubby along with me!!! He doesn't think he's a very good singer, but he can belt out a Christmas carol when he wants to. I've heard him!

If you get a chance to go carolling, you should. It really starts the Advent season off well. Remembering the real reason behind Christmas, instead of the crap about Santa.

Don't get me wrong, I like singing the crazy songs like "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" and others like "Walking in a winter wonderland." But my favorites, those I could sing over and over again, are the traditional ones that are printed in hymn books in church.

Midnight services, singing in the choir, decorating the Christmas tree with chrismons, gazing at a Nativity set... How wonderful!

No comments: