Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I've got some catching up to do!

It's been some time since I've posted anything other than the rules for commenting on my blog (which, by the way, still apply). So, I've published another new post below this one.

My sister is now about 6 1/2 months along in her pregnancy, which means I'm going to have a little nephew very soon! It also means that I have a lot of planning to do before the baby shower I'm throwing for her in January!

The pictures of her belly that I posted before look so small now compared to how big she is now. And still, she is the cutest pregnant lady ever!

The little baby in her belly is very active. I've felt him move around and kick several times, and it is just the coolest thing in the world! I'm looking forward to meeting, holding and babysitting the little guy!

It makes me more anxious for my husband and I to try to have a baby, too. I want our kids and my sister's kids to be close enough in age that they can play together and relate to one another easily as they grow up.

In other news, my husband and I will finally be going to visit his parents and grandparents on the west coast over Christmas and New Year's. This will be the first time we've seen them in three years, because travel hasn't been very possible on either their end or ours for so long. Please pray for my husband's maternal grandmother, who is in very bad health and who will celebrate her last Christmas and New Year's this holiday season. We're basically going to visit with the knowledge that we're saying goodbye to her for the last time. She'll never know any of our kids, and that makes me very sad.

Also, my grandma's eye surgery went well, and she's able to see much better now. She still has to have a total knee replacement, which is scheduled for sometime in March. That's going to be very difficult for her, because she's not going to be able to go back to her hometown until she's completely healed. The reason is that she likes to help her husband (who is in a nursing home) stand up, get into bed, etc., and it's too stressful on a newly-remodeled knee for her to be doing that sort of thing. But she'll do it anyway, given the way to go back home too early. Please pray for her, too.

Nothing particularly interesting in the news today that I could share, unfortunately. I'll try to post something more before we leave for the west coast in a couple of weeks.

God bless you all.

No comments: