Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Some clarification

I just want everyone to know (because it was brought up as being ambiguous) that Ron and I are fine living off his income alone right now. One of the reasons I'm pursuing employment is because we can achieve more in a shorter length of time if we're both employed. Another reason is that I hate staying home with nothing to do except housework. I like to be able to get out of the apartment and feel useful to other people besides just my husband and myself.

Also, the test for the U.S. Postal Service was just as dumb as I thought it would be. I was probably one of the first 20 people to finish out of about 300-400 people. Many of them couldn't follow the simple directions and bring two sharpened number-two pencils, separate the first page of their information packet from the rest, and show up on time. IMHO, if you can't follow directions as simple as those, don't even bother showing up.

One more thing: I went to a career expo at Century II this morning, and a lady from Snelling Personnel told me she wants me to call and set up an interview. I think (and the other lady I talked to while attempting to schedule an interview does, too) that the lady from the career expo has a position in mind for me! Oooh, how I hope it's a temp-to-hire or permanent placement with people who are intelligent!

No comments: