Friday, October 22, 2004

Before...


Before...
Originally uploaded by Edited Copy.
Okay, I couldn't take it any longer. (Pardon the pun.) I used to have short hair, and I liked it. Long or short looks good on me, but it feels so much better to have short hair. Less time to dry, and much fewer tangles.

I decided a long time ago that since I have naturally blonde hair that's never been colored, and it's thick and healthy, that if I got the chance, I'd donate my hair to Locks of Love. It was time.

With long hair, people would always tell me that I looked like I was about 15 years old. I got carded at the movie theatre for a rated R film! And I got treated like a kid, too. (Some guy at church who didn't know Ron and me saw me hugging him Wednesday evening and said -- as if referring to what I might say-- "I'm so tired, Dad!" Ron and I just gave him a look like "Ron's not my dad!")

I'd had enough! Plus, I have a job interview on Monday, and I want to look professional -- like I know how important it is to take care of myself, that it means a lot to me to be well-groomed.

So here I am in my before picture, just so you can see how long it was. The half-smirk shows how unhappy I was with it.

No comments: