Thursday, September 28, 2006

My grandma needs your prayers.

My mom and I went to a couple of doctor's appointments with my grandma today before driving her across the state to my parents' house in town. The doctors didn't have wonderful news for my grandma, though.

Looks like she's going to have to have a total knee replacement, and her eyelids are drooping into her line of sight, so she's going to have to have them lifted. The latter, she will be able to get done at the end of next month. The former has yet to be scheduled.

My mom is planning to call the doctor's office where she and I go for our orthopaedic foot problems. There are doctors there who specialize in knees, and we know they're the best in the state. She will be staying with my parents for a while after her knee replacement while she recovers, since she lives alone otherwise, and will need help getting around and getting things done.

Her visit here this time, though, is for a little vacation. She's going to be working on making a maternity outfit for my sister, and she will probably be doing some shopping with my mom, my sister and me.

Anyway, please keep my grandma, and the rest of my family, in your prayers.

No comments: