Thursday, August 31, 2006

My niece or nephew's first pictures!!!

Thank you to my sister, Tonya, for giving me permission to post this picture!

Tonya is 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant as of today. My mom and I went to her first doctor's appointment with her on August 30. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat (159 beats per minute), and when she had her first sonogram, we got to see the baby for the first time. We could see the head, including the two hemispheres of the brain, in those pictures, as well as the legs and spinal cord.

In the monitor, we could even see the hand where the baby seemed to be waving at the camera!

This kid is going to be a performer. He or she was moving all around during the sonogram, waving... very active. It's almost amazing that my sister can't feel all that movement, but I guess the baby is still too small for that.

I'm guessing my brother-in-law, Nick, took the picture of my sister's profile. See her cute little baby bump!

Baby is due on March 3, 2007. Nick and Tonya should be able to find out the sex of the baby at her next appointment, which will be at the end of September.

Congratulations to the soon-to-be mommy and daddy of a very active, healthy baby!

No comments: