Friday, July 14, 2006

Some goals are easier than others to attain.

The apartment complex that my husband and I recently moved into provides washer and dryer hookups in every apartment, which is nice. It's what we wanted. But we have never had a washer or dryer since we've been married because the complex we moved out of didn't have hookups. And since every one of these new apartments has hookups, there is no central laundry room.

So yesterday, when my husband came home for lunch, we drove over to the appliance store I worked at when I was in high school. They don't advertise, so they can pretty much beat anyone else's prices on every appliance they sell, and they don't have delivery people: technicians only. That way, when the technicians deliver the appliances, you're assured that everything will be hooked up correctly, and they can tell you exactly how to operate and care for your new appliance. Then, if you have any maintenace issues with it, even years after your purchase, they know exactly how to fix it, and have a warranty on the appliances and on their work for the life of the machine.

Anyway, since washers and dryers are so expensive (any good one that will last a long time, anyway), we just got the washer. It will be delivered sometime today between 2 and 6 p.m. In about 4 to 6 weeks, we should be able to get the accompanying dryer, too.

These are two of our expensive goals. The next one is to get a SleepLevel bed (similar to TempurPedic), and then a family vehicle since we want to start a family. We're looking at some of the smaller Toyota and Lexus SUVs. My pickup and his sports car aren't exactly baby-friendly.

Four years is long enough to wait after getting married, I think. I'm ready to be a mom. Give me the sleepless nights, the spit-up, the poopy diapers... I can handle it. It would be a blessing to have a child. And the older I get, the more I want one. At least one.

Hey, at least we'll have the washer and dryer by then so I won't have to take all the spit-up stained clothes and cloths to the laudromat. ;)

And I know my parents are looking forward to being grandparents. Maybe before long, they will be. Only God knows for sure when that will be. That's one of the reasons they built the house they're living in now. It has two guest bedrooms and a nice full basement that my dad still needs to finish. I teased them about building a bigger house AFTER my sister and I got married and moved away. Oh, well.

1 comment:

Mommy's Resource Closet said...

I've had them for a long time. I just don't usually talk about them with anyone other than my husband.