Tuesday, November 01, 2005

For my Interpreting Class: The Lord's Prayer

Last night, in my Interpreting I class, I interpreted The Lord's Prayer, as was suggested by not only three of my faithful readers, but also by others. It was also the option that I was most comfortable with.

Interestingly enough, all but three people in my class interpreted something of a Christian nature. Most did songs by Christian music artists (some with a country twang *gag*), and others did Christian poetry. One of the JWs interpreted "Beautiful Boy" from the movie "Mr. Holland's Opus," and the other interpreted a child's book related to "Thomas the Train."

While I was practicing before last night's class, I realized that one of the signs I was using in the prayer was incorrect. Not that it had any other meanings of which I was aware, but it was incorrect, nonetheless, and had to be changed. When I finished my interpreting in class, it seemed that everyone was pleased with it, and that made me feel better about interpreting a prayer.

Thank you to all who left your recommendations in my comments stream. I appreciate you more than you know.

No comments: