Sunday, August 14, 2005

What once was lost has now been found!


When Ron and I were courting, he gave me a very special pair of earrings that he had bought when he was serving in Saudi Arabia. This was long before he met me. He bought the earrings with the intention of giving them to the woman he intended to marry. So when he gave them to me, I was touched beyond belief.

But joy turned to sorrow when I lost them somewhere at my parents' house. I was devastated! Mortified! How could I lose something that had so much meaning?

After Ron and I got married, and I moved into the apartment he had been renting, I found them again! Oh! what a happy, joyous day that was! I wore them to a Mary Kay unit meeting, and when I put them away, I promised myself that I would put them somewhere that I would remember them and not lose them again. But I forgot where I had put them that day.

Now, more than a year after losing them for the second time, I have found them again! It is once again time to rejoice! When I found them, I screamed it out to Ron. I was so happy! It was as if I had been given some kind of beautiful, magnificent gift, as if it were Christmas!

It's like the parable of the lost coin. Come! Rejoice with me! For I have found my lost... earrings! "10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15)

2 comments:

The Terrible Swede said...

Damn! You look hot!

John H said...

Lovely news. I know how awful it is to lose something of such personal value to you.