Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The good news is also the bad news

I guess July in the Celebrations department at work is the busiest time of the year. So many people celebrating anniversaries, engagements and weddings, along with those wishing people happy birthdays, that I've been bombarded with announcements, a.k.a. paperwork.

On the plus side, I'm getting lots of overtime. On the negative, I have no choice but to work the overtime. I'm responsible for getting the pages out, so I have to do whatever it takes to get the job done. For this two-week pay period, I'm submitting 15 1/2 hours of overtime, and there may be more, but I'll have to wait to report it until the next pay period because I have to turn in my time sheet before I actually work the hours.

I'm trying to appeal to my boss (about every other day) that I need someone to help me out with the paperwork a couple of times a week. So far, though, no response. In the meantime, I'm doing everything I can to not have to stay at work for 13 hours on Fridays, like I have two times before, last Friday included.

On the days I can get home at a decent time, I'm able to spend time with my wonderful hubby, and maybe Dan and his Elle, who is quite tolerable, by the way! We've already gone shopping together, and yesterday, Ron and I went out on a double-date with Dan and Elle at our favorite Lebanese restaurant, Byblos. The last time Ron and I were there, I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of gluten-free, dairy-free items on their menu, so I asked the owner to help me differentiate amongst all the yummy yummies. Grape leaves, kibbeh, kafta, some salads and others are foods that Elle, in all her intolerancies, can still eat! And she did, and loved it!

Next, Elle and I are planning to get together so I can give her a free facial. That's going to be fun!

In other news, Ron and I have our third anniversary coming up, and we're having pictures taken Sunday afternoon. My idea. We're supposed to get a CD free with our photos, so I'm going to try to post one on my blog for everyone to see! Anyone want a hard copy?

I'm also coming up on one year since the last of my two reconstructive foot surgeries. Can you believe it? My feet have never been better. That will be proven when I visit my orthopaedic doctor on the 19th of this month. I'll try to remember to bring my camera so I can take pics of the x-rays. You'll love it, and you know it.

There is yet another anniversary coming up: my 5th anniversary as a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant!

Three anniversaries! First, the foot anniversary, and next my Mary Kay and wedding anniversary on the same day: August 31! How awesome is that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Byblos served fantastic food!

Mommy's Resource Closet said...

I am soooooo glad you liked it! It's our favorite restaurant in the whole world!