Thursday, July 22, 2004

A Blurb About Ericaland

Well, I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning to prepare for my 7:30 surgery to basically reconstruct my left foot. Am I nervous? Kind of. Anxious? You'd better believe I've got pent-up anxiety! But at the same time, I know that God will direct the mind and hands of my very-capable surgeon, Dr. Steven Howell of the Kansas Orthopaedic Center. He did a remarkable job on my right foot, and it works like a dream.

I know that a lot of people are praying for me. Thank you. Please also pray for Dr. Howell. He's allotted four hours for my surgery in the morning, after which he's scheduled to play in a golf tournament for which he was recruited by another doctor at KOC.

Thank you, also, in advance to my pastor, Pastor Hoger, who will be visiting me in the hospital at least twice during my stay: once tomorrow after I get out of surgery and again on Sunday so he can give us (Ron and me) a miniature service and Holy Communion.

Now, I know I get a lot of visits to my blog because my hit counter tells me so. But I almost never get comments. You don't have to say much if you don't want to, but it would be nice to know who you are and that you're there. I started my counter at 55. Now, I've got about 300 hits counted. If you don't want to say much, that's fine, but I would like to know that I've got your support or that you have an opinion about what I've blogged on, or both.

For now, I'll end this blog. I'll catch back up to you after I return home from the hospital. Many blessings to you for reading and praying for me.


John H said...


I pray your surgery goes well and that you make a swift recovery - and in particular that Dr Howell does the best morning's surgery of his career, followed by the round of his life in the afternoon! We want that guy to be on a roll. :-)



Mrs. T. Swede said...

Thanks, John. It doesn't look like there will be any golf games today, though. It's raining. It's just after 4 a.m. and it's not supposed to let up until this evening.

What am I doing up at 4 a.m.? Couldn't sleep. I was going to get up at 4:30, but I never fell asleep. Oh, well. I'll be sleeping most of the day away anyway.

Anonymous said...

I will add my comments as follows. One, I am only leavng a comment to make you feel better. Two, a better way to feel better is to mix vodka with the loritab the doctor gave you. My buddy did that and said that he was fucked up for two days. Use this advice at your discression.

Mrs. T. Swede said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Nick. I do have to say, though, that you need to refrain from four-letter words on my site. Reserve them for Ron's. Also, if I am to see how wierd I can get from mixing meds with alcohol, I'd have to have alcohol in the fridge. That wasn't an invitation for any, though. At least not for me. At the end of the day, Ron might need some to relax from helping me out so much! I can't do sqat!