Saturday, December 17, 2005

Interview Update

Sorry I haven't given an update before now, but I've been busy with other things. Mostly Christmas related.

Anyway, I think my interview went fairly well. I did a lot of praying before and after my interview, so I hope that I appeared more calm than I otherwise would have. I know I felt more calm than in previous interviews. The bad thing, I'm afraid, is that I think they're looking for someone with more management experience than what I have, which is pretty much none.

My question is this: How can you get management experience if no one gives you a job that involves managing anything or anyone? And if everyone wants all their applicants to have previous experience, where is the initial experience supposed to come from? There has to be someone out there who's willing to take a chance with a new employee who doesn't have the previous experience, but is willing to learn!

One of the questions I was asked was if I'd ever done script writing for a film or television commercial. With a degree in print journalism, what do you think? I just told the guy that since I got my degree in print journalism, I never really got the chance to work with broadcast-style media.

I know that I could do this job, given the chance to do so. The gentleman who interviewed me said that those they think are best fit for the job will be asked back for a second interview before they make their final decision. Seems that I was right about them not starting anyone before the beginning of the year. In the meantime, I was given a writing exercise to complete and e-mail back so they can see if my style of writing is what they're looking for. I have to send it back by Monday, so I guess I have my work cut out for me tomorrow.

I still need your prayers, people. The competition for this job has not ended yet, but I think that if this guy wasn't truly interested in me, he wouldn't have given me a first interview. That's assuring. I just pray that I get the second interview. Please continue your prayers for me. Thank you, again!

No comments: