Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Bear with me...

Sorry I've not been blogging as often. I've been putting in eight hours at the Eagle every day (still in training, and they're also trying to give me as many hours as possible), and I'm working furiously on a research project for my graduate class.

Hopefully after I give my oral presentation tomorrow evening, I'll be able to breathe a little easier. No class on Thanksgiving, of course, and then we get back to reading assignments and in-class discussions for the last two weeks before the final.

This class has been pretty cool: no tests at all. Even the final isn't a test: it's a written reaction paper that we have to compose in class. I mean, come on, we're all graduates of some form of communication curriculum. We should be able to write a reaction paper in two hours while in the classroom.

Okay, maybe it's just me. I've always enjoyed written exams more than tests where you have to choose an answer from a list or multiple-choice format. In most cases, if you're not entirely sure of an answer (like a name or something), you can give a description of what or whom you're trying to name and get at least partial credit if you can convince the instructor it just slipped your mind and you really do know what you're talking about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that after tomorrow, I should be back to blogging as usual. That is, unless and until I decide to take another graduate class. But the next class I take is going to be a step or two backward from where I am now. Who knew I should have taken 801 and 802 before taking 770? And that both of those classes are only offered in the Fall semesters! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

BTW, no call back yet from KPTS. Oh, well. I'm not disappointed.

No comments: